USO Diary, Vol. 998



You might be wondering what that clever little creature is, but you'll have to keep reading to find out. There are no hints in this game.

Another day, another dollar at the DFW USO this week. Side Note: When I'm working I make mental notes, and if I want to make sure I remember - I get some paper, or make notes on my iPhone. So, today when I wanted to dig out my Top Ten from Sunday...I found 3 in my purse. Pretty sure I need to up my dose. Again.

Onward we MARCH!!!

10. This one is admittedly lame for those who aren't a fan, but since I happen to want to have babies with him this was a very exciting moment for me. I think Paul Rudd snuck into the USO. Not Kidding. This 'poser' looked, talked and acted in a manner very similar to Paul, love of my life, Rudd. Except he wasn't funny. Or lining up all the chairs to try them all out...

9. T-shirt of the night: I CAN BE YOUR PRIVATE DANCER

Oh, he went there. Except I have no idea what it means. Wonder if he charges? (snicker, snicker. TL thought I should ask him what it meant. Somehow I think this joke was on me, because she looked like she was up to something. She's sneaky like that.

8. Mr. Tiny, er, I mean, Private Dancer indulged in one of the protein cereal delights we happen to stock. I've been wondering for weeks what this experience would encompass. I was not disappointed. It looked as delicious as I expected...but I think I'll stick with Doritos and Fried Chicken...

7. That thing up there in the picture? Did you think it was an otter? A cat? A poor pathetic abused animal that should be put down? You'd be right on all counts. It's an otter-cat, aka Jaguarundi. Don't ask how this became a topic of discussion but it did and now the world must know of it's plight. He has a Facebook page. It's serious, y'all. This cat no one knows about that looks like an otter but purrs like a house cat is endangered. Rally's are being planned as we speak...

6. I try not to judge people (ha!) and I hate to hurt peoples feelings so I will either stick around and subject myself to abuse or I will run screaming from the room. I'm not real good with pressure. So when middle aged red shirt man made me the slightest bit uncomfortable, I abandoned my post and lurched for the safety of the front desk and the protection of TL and VR. If only i had more courage...

5. NEW JERSEY WAS IN THE HOUSE. Long nails with - AMAZING - Zebra print tips I knew a fellow fist pumper was in the house. Not that I am from New Jersey but I want to be. FIST PUMP!!!

4.

This is not a joke. These shoes exist and a man, A MAN, wore them into the USO. Okay so he looked like the sleep-outdoors-jump-over-waterfalls type, but still. You have to draw the line somewhere. Really.

3. When I got to the USO on Sunday, TL game me the look. It's the look that says, "You're going to Terminal D." I tried to duck out of her line of fire, looking wildly around for an escape route, then poor, poor, sweet VA says he'll go. Inside I did a little happy dance, but I spent the rest of my shift feeling guilty. But not enough to offer to let him come back and split the duty...

2. "DOROTHY!!" Little old man that can barely walk. Dorothy is his wife. She can barely walk as well. He yells her name. A lot. It's sooooo hard not to laugh. I offer to help DOROTHY with her bag...she looks at me like I'm the masked bandit. I almost peed my pants. Oh, and he asked front desk if we had coupons for Branson. I Heart Old People.

1. We had a Ninja in our midst. Except I think he only revealed his powers to me. No one else seemed impressed that he could have killed any of us with the tip of his pinky nail. I, however, always on the look out for Ninja's, recognized what he was immediately. That's how cool I am.

So that's it for this week.

Saving the world, one Ninja at a time (it's tough but someone has to do it).

0 comments: