USO Diary, Vol 18

I thought Brad was hot...


Then he became Eric...Yum. Ee.


Whatever. It's a little off topic. He may not be a Marine but he did play one on TV and now he's a super hot sheriff vampire...be still my heart.

Yes, yes. I am still alive. It's a long story so I'm gonna try to sum it up real quick like. I've been busy. How's that?

Seriously. My Internet has been up and down at home. At work all I have time to do is work. Which is just INSANE. And I haven't figured out how to blog from my Iphone. But let me tell you...once I do? You'll have more of me than you ever, ever wanted. It'll be like twitter only with 250,000 words. Cause I got a lot to say at random points throughout my day. Speaking of Twitter. I still haven't caught on. I'm still loving being the troll on facebook.

Did I mention previously the MFM made it home safely? And we haven't broken up yet. The only problem is that his requests have become more extravagant. Like since shipping is cheaper I really want to send him a flat screen tv...really? I don't even have one. I have asked him to show his face at the USO. I dared him...but he cowers in fear.

Onward with this weeks Top Ten:

10. Something was in the air. I'm not sure if it was firework residue or what but we were like 5 years being forced to sit still on the pew Sunday morning.

9. This sweet little thing from Alabama came in and I think he was overwhelmed by the greatness that is the 3rd shift at the USO. It was his first time. We didn't hold anything back. Bless his heart.

8. A water bottle escaped the confines of the cooler. It was madness.

7. A mom shows up with two small children - one of which was a baby. She didn't have a bottle. I don't stand in judgment.

6. Navy was in the house on Sunday afternoon. I hadn't seen him in a while so it was nice to take a few minutes to catch up on his recent travels. He seemed surprised when I wasn't in awe of his LA Volvo rental.

5. Did you know that if you save the tabs from coke cans you can take them and cash them in? A gallon jug of those puppies can bring in some moola. Who knew? This was made as an alternative to just tossing the cans in the trash (we don't have a recycling program).

4. Volunteer C has this thing she can do with her arms. I thought she just looked like a windmill but she had some fancy name for it. It was HILARIOUS.

3. Volunteer C and I volunteered our services in the event that Volunteer A finally proposes to Volunteer R. We plan a song and dance to commemorate the event. It will be something she'll live to regret forever.

2. BAND WEENIES RULE 4-EVER. And it helps to know the Taylor Swift is not just singing about my life

1. Grown men going back to war. Tears. Terrified, shaking hands. It's my least favorite part of this job. Tears are said to be the cleanser for the soul, but somehow I have a hard time accepting that when my soul still aches for the young solider who broke my heart Sunday night.

Well, that ended on a sour note. Y'all it was so heartbreaking to watch him try to stay strong. Would that it didn't have to be that way.

I adopted two new Marines this week. They'll probably hate me. Whatever. I also adopted a new soldier to help fill the void by Jackson Hole. Yeah. Right.

Peace out!

Saving the world, one song and dance at a time (have I used that before?)....

0 comments: