USO Diary, Vol 17

I think that's the right number. I even checked and everything but in the five seconds it took me to check then click 'new post'...the ADD kicked in. Whatever. At least I'm taking the time to write a post.

My days at the USO have been few and far between over the last few months but I have worked the last two weekends and have a funny tantalizing antics to share...

Might be a top 10 - 20...or two separate top tens, so I don't have to fret about the numbering...depending on what I can come up with.

10. Anybody ever watched Special Agent Bob and Secret Agent Steve? Also know as Splinter Cell co-op Theater. Frickin' Idiots. It's sooooo genius. Navy SEALs!!!

9. Last week in Terminal D (SURPRISE!! I know...) it was REAL cold and REAL slow. I'm sitting there freezing my bootie off and watching Yes Man (Ace Ventura except without the animals)...and in walks this elderly gentleman that shouts when he talks. I almost peed my pants. At first because I thought he was yelling at me and we all know what a scardy cat I am...but no, he's just like my PeePaw in a closed cab of a truck. Even if you have ear plugs in - you can still hear every word he's saying.

8. We have food! I know this sounds silly...but it's been a while since the Sunday evening shifts had full freezers. It was very exciting.

7. There is nothing that breaks my heart more that seeing someone turn down a night at the hotel because they can't afford it. Okay, that's not true. There are a lot of things that break my heart more...but it's up there.

6. For the most part, I have managed to avoid the front desk over the last 8 months or so...Last week, I had to cover up there for about 5 minutes. 5 Minutes. What happens? I get a call from someone who doesn't speak English. This is my life.

5. America's Funniest Home Videos = Chellie Almost Peeing Her Pants (much to the Army's delight)

4. Army: (Image a SC Twang) Hey, can y'all put that there tv on NASCAR?
Chellie: (To Other Volunteer, mocking NASCAR announcer) That there is what we're looking for y'all!
Army: (Death Stare) Hey now!
Chellie: What? I'm from Kentucky. I'm allowed.

We became fast friends after that mocking our kinfolk.

3. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with eating Pork Skin and Raisins. I'm just saying. Don't judge me, I won't judge you...


2. Somehow the TV in the snack bar ends up on E! The Soup is on. I love this show. At home. At the USO...slightly uncomfortable. Two guys came up to watch it and we all laughed. At one point I tried to change it but the nice one asked me to leave it on, while the other one gave me the death stare.


1. This might qualify as my most favorite moment ever at the USO. A group of National Gaurd boys came strolling in. I'm still not 100% sure how it happened but one of the dudes velcro on the arm of his uniform got caught on the velcro of the patch board and he was stuck. It was hilarious. He looks at me (because his buddies are laughing hysterically) and says, "I'm really stuck!" OMG. I'm still laughing.

There you go...I kinda feel like I've let you down because I only came up with ten...but it's 10:30 and I'm tired.

I'm probably gonna post later this week with an MMA update. I love MMA. I'm addicted to MMA. And I'm so mad at Evans for taking a beating.

There I go saving the world, one inappropriate soup comment at a time...

0 comments: